VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Electrolysis
VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Electrolysis
An Internationally Recognised Qualification
Assess, prepare for and carry out an electrolysis treatment to remove unwanted hair permanently
- Use different types of electrical current (Diathermy, Galvanic and blend).
- Advise clients on the care needed after electrical epilation.
- Maintain effective health, safety and hygiene procedures throughout all procedures
- Recognise salon hazards, carry out risk assessments and then implement the necessary actions.
- Monitor and support your colleagues to ensure your salon complies with health and safety requirements.
- Implement and supervise salon procedures for all aspects of salon safety and security including the need for insurance and licencing
- Provide appropriate client care through communication giving clear and precise information to educate and manage client expectations.
- Adapt client care using different communication skills to meet the needs of different people
- Use specific anatomy and physiology in relation to the treatment
The course will include:
- Class room study and course input with an educator
- Practical guided application using a digital electrolysis machine
- Guided home study – assignments
- Formal written assessment days in the training centre
- Practical assessments & case studies working with clients
Progression routes after successful completion of level 3 are:
- Becoming a member of the BIAE – the assessment for membership increases your earning power, is known for public confidence and provides long term support throughout your career as an electrologist
- Working towards Level 4 – Award in Skin Blemish Removal
Class sizes are kept small to ensure each learner has the opportunity to obtain all the practical and theoretical skills to confidently and successfully achieve the VTCT qualification and to meet the industry standards.
Requirements you’ll need to be accepted for this course
NVQ level 3 Beauty Therapy or equivalent.
A qualification in anatomy and physiology, or be willing to achieve this. There are a few courses available
Be willing to wear a uniform, have short finger nails, no nail polish, close toe shoes, plus long hair pulled back off your face.This meets with the National Occupational Standards; which we are very keen to up-hold.
This course is suitable for nurses
How long will it take you to be qualified?
- 15 days! over three to four months – one day per week with home study
- Positive Pathways offer training part time
- This qualification will give YOU the opportunity to become self employed or employable to work in a salon. Now more than ever, electrologists are a MUST HAVE in every salon. Employers are – looking for the best!
- Being electrologists we not only specialise in hair growth and skin, but most importantly we have a PERMANENT SOLUTION to unwanted hair growth.
Our focus is on how YOU will progress. From learning to being qualified, to being employed or self EMPLOYED!
A typical day training
Arrive at 9.30 for a 10am prompt start – sessions end at approximately 5pm.
There are practical and theoretical assessments along with a portfolio of evidence to compile.
It is part of your commitment to attend all the required training sessions necessary for successful completion of the course. Failure to meet this criteria could result in additional costs, training & assessments in order to successfully gain the certificate.
What you will need to do now
- To provide evidence you have a qualification in Anatomy & Physiology (NVQ 3 Beauty Therapy or equivalent)
- To pay a NON REFUNDABLE deposit of £500 (Please do not send cash) (Please make cheques payable to ‘Positive Pathways Beauty Ltd’)
- To agree to pay the final (NON REFUNDABLE) balance 20 working days before the course commences ·
- Balance transfer to; Positive Pathways Training – account number: 83234274 sort code: 20-49-86
- To pay by credit card please call us on 020 3330 0296 or to discuss a payment plan.
Please note: lost certificates or certificates that need to be amended will incur a fee of £50 payable to VTCT