VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Electrolysis
Course Dates: Dates are changeable please keep an eye on the website
- March 17th - 3rd June 2024
- Inclusive of the following dates which are all practical aspects only! March 17th, April 14th & 28th, May 5th & 19th, June 2nd & 3rd 2024
Assessments are carried out with an electrolysis treatment to remove unwanted hair permanently
- Use different types of electrical current (Diathermy, Galvanic and blend).
- Advise clients on the care needed after electrical epilation.
- Maintain effective health, safety and hygiene procedures throughout all procedures
- Recognise salon hazards, carry out risk assessments, and implement the necessary actions.
- Monitor and support your colleagues to ensure your salon complies with health and safety requirements.
- Implement and supervise salon procedures for all aspects of salon safety and security including the need for insurance and licencing
- Provide appropriate client care through communication giving clear and precise information to educate and manage client expectations.
- Adapt client care using different communication skills to meet the needs of different people
- Use specific anatomy and physiology in relation to the treatment
This Course will include:
- Online study and course input with an educator
- Practical guided application using a various types of electrolysis machines
- Guided home study – assignments
- Formal written assessment days in the training centre
- Practical assessments working with clients
Progression routes after successful completion of level 3 are:
- Becoming a member of the BIAE – the assessment for membership increases your earning power, is known for public confidence and provides long term support throughout your career as an electrologist
- Working towards Level 4 – Award in Skin Blemish Removal
Class sizes are kept small to ensure each learner has the opportunity to obtain all the practical and theoretical skills to confidently and successfully achieve the VTCT qualification and to meet the industry standards.
An Internationally Recognised Qualification
VTCT course registration, your own record of assessment book, practical & theory assessments, course materials & certification.
You will need to purchase:
- A uniform
- A Course text book; Electrolysis The Business
- can can have NVQ level 3 Beauty Therapy
- or you can have a nursing qualification
- if you haven't got any of the above qualifications, you will then need to complete a course in anatomy and physiology, or be willing to achieve this. A course we can suggest can be found here:-http://www.essential-training.co.uk/productsanat.php
- Be willing to wear a uniform
- Have short fingernails
- No nail polish
- Closed-toe shoes
- Long hair pulled back off your face. (This meets with the National Occupational Standards; which we are very keen to uphold.)
This course is suitable for nurses
Course Length - How long will it take you to be qualified?
- 15 days! over three to four months – with home study
- Positive Pathways offer training part-time
- This qualification will give YOU the opportunity to become self employed or employable to work in a salon. Now more than ever, electrologists are a MUST HAVE in every salon. Employers are – looking for the best!
- Being electrologists we not only specialise in hair growth and skin but most importantly we have a PERMANENT SOLUTION to unwanted hair growth.
Our focus is on how YOU will progress. From learning to being qualified, to being employed or self EMPLOYED!
145 CPD Points will be awarded when completed
Register your interest for future possible dates below:
A typical day for the practical training
Arrive at 9.30 for a 10 am prompt start – sessions end at approximately 5 pm.
There are practical assessments along with a portfolio of evidence to compile.
It is part of your commitment to attend all the required training sessions necessary for successful completion of the course. Failure to meet this criteria could result in additional costs, training & assessments in order to successfully gain the certificate.
What you will need to do now
- To provide evidence you have a qualification in Anatomy & Physiology (NVQ 3 Beauty Therapy or equivalent)
- To provide evidence you are a nurse
- Please don't buy this course if you cannot provide evidence of the above
- Press the enroll now button
- Press take this course button
- Pay the fee and get started
Please note: lost certificates or certificates that need to be amended will incur a fee of £50 payable to VTCT