VTCT (ITEC) Level 5 Certificate in Advanced Blemish Removal
The VTCT (ITEC) Level 5 Certificate in Advanced Blemish Removal is an advanced treatment qualification aimed at level 4 qualified practitioners aged 18 and over, who wish to add this therapy to their repertoire of treatment offerings.
Learners are required to hold a VTCT Level 4 Advanced Epilation Techniques or Level 4 Skin Blemish Removal Qualification to progress onto the level 5 advanced blemish removal qualification. Learners who hold a level 3 beauty therapy qualification or equivalent will be able to access the level 4 skin blemish removal qualification as a natural progression route.
This qualification is informed by employers and national occupational standards for beauty therapy and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a fully commercial advanced blemish removal practitioner. Learners must achieve all mandatory units which include:
- Principles and practice of non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Advanced consultation for non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Advanced skin care for non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Provide advanced blemish removal treatments
Throughout this qualification, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology and health and safety pertaining to level 5 non-medical aesthetic therapies. They will also develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to consult with and analyse clients whilst providing advanced blemish removal treatments. In parallel, learners will develop their communication and customer service skills and widen their knowledge of the principles and practices of level 5 non-medical aesthetic therapies, all of which are valued highly by employers.
What you will need to join the course?
- Provide evidence you have a VTCT Level 4 Advanced Epilation Techniques qualification/Level 4 Skin Blemish Removal Qualification
- VTCT Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (Covid-19) for Beauty and Nail Services
16 weeks from starting the theory/assignments progressing to case studies then formal assessments.
Level 5 is a comprehensive, detailed and research based course, equivalent to an access degree, which involves many hours of study and will need considerable consideration prior to committing to this program. The formal assessments are set dates and will need planned study hours.
Deborah Jones a highly skilled advanced practitioner is the tutor for this program, she provides an in depth study plan and guidance, with a high standard of theory and practical input. It is recommended that ONLY COMMITTED practitioners attend this advanced program.
Level 5 is a comprehensive, detailed and research based course, equivalent to an access degree over 14 weeks.
4 days at the training centre are
Day 1 – An introduction to the course
Day 2 – Practical Clinical Case Studies
Day 3 – Practical Clinical Case Studies
Day 4 – Formal written and practical assessment
The 4 days are over a period of 14 weeks dates are provided at enrollment. All remaining course time away from the training environment is guided learning, you will receive course work to be completed at home prior to the 4th day. Course work and 6 clinical case studies are to be completed before Day 4.
What you will need to do now
- To provide evidence you have a VTCT Level 4 Advanced Epilation Techniques qualification/Level 4 Skin Blemish Removal Qualification
- To pay a NON REFUNDABLE deposit of £550 (Please do not send cash)
- (Please make cheques payable to ‘Positive Pathways Beauty Ltd’)
- Balance transfer to; Positive Pathways Business – account number: 33865487 sort code: 20-49-81
- To agree to pay the final (NON REFUNDABLE) balance 20 working days before the course commences
Please note: lost certificates or certificates that need to be amended will incur a fee of £50 payable to VTCT