VTCT Level 4 Award in Skin Blemish Removal
Practical Course Dates for 2024
- Monday 29th, Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st July 2024
- Monday 14th, Tuesday 15th and Wednesday 16th October 2024
Enrolment is 8 weeks prior to the practical training/assessment days, this is to ensure you have adequate study time to complete the course work. The course work consists of an in depth assignment (which you are guided with). This is completed using an online platform and must be marked successfully, printed and placed into your portfolio to bring to the practical sessions.
Assess, prepare for and carry out an advanced epilation techniques to remove skin tags, milia, telangiectasia (thread veins), spider naevi and blood spots
- Using diathermy current (the opportunity to use different machines, keeping current with industry trends)
- Advise clients on the care needed after the procedure
- Maintain effective health, safety and hygiene procedures throughout all procedures
- Recognise salon hazards, carry out risk assessments and then implement the necessary actions
- Monitor and support your colleagues to ensure your salon complies with health and safety requirements
- Implement and supervise salon procedures for all aspects of salon safety and security including the need for insurance and licencing
- Provide appropriate client care through communication giving clear and precise information to educate and manage client expectations
- Adapt client care using different communication skills to meet the needs of different people
New to Level 4 £1,200 3 days
Requirements you’ll need to be accepted for this course
- NVQ or equivalent – level 3 Certificate in Electrolysis
- Be willing to wear a uniform,
- have short finger nails,
- no nail polish,
- close toe shoes,
- plus long hair pulled back off your face.
This meets with the National Occupational Standards; which we are very keen to up-hold
Course Length - How long will it take you to be qualified?
- Approximately 3 months from the time of enrolment, which ideally is two months prior to attending the practical/assessment day
- Completion of an in-depth assignment is the first part of your training and must be completed prior to the practical days.
- The two/three days practical/assessment days are the 2nd part of your training
- Written case studies to be completed after the practical/assessment days, this is the last part of your training
Our focus is on how YOU will progress to being qualified with advanced skills. To offer a fantastic new service in your clinic at a very high standard.
Training takes approximately 3 months from enrolment
47 CPD Points will be awarded when completed
The course will include:
- Online guided study with course videos and one to one guidance with an educator
- Guided home study – consists of an in depth assignment given 8 weeks prior to the training/assessment days
- The assignment forms part of your assessment and will need to be completed before attending the training/assessment days
- Practical assessments with clients & portfolio completion takes place at the training/assessment days
- Written case studies to complete 2 weeks after your training/assessment days, this work is to be emailed to your assessor for marking
- Practical guided application using an electrolysis machine to remove skin tags, milia, telangiectasia (thread veins), spider naevi and blood spots
Progression routes after successful completion of level 4 are:
- Assessment for membership to the BIAE (British Institute and Association of Electrolysis) if you are not already a member
- Level 5 VTCT (ITEC) Advanced Blemish Removal
Practical/Assessment Day Agenda
- Arrive at 10am for a 10.30am prompt start – sessions end at approximately 4pm
- Portfolio Building
- Practical demonstrations and assessments
- It is part of your commitment to complete all course work and attend all required training sessions necessary for successful completion of the course. Failure to meet this criteria could result in additional costs, training & assessments in order to successfully gain the certificate
- you will need to bring a lap top with you and be able to cut and paste a document
What you will need to do now
- To provide evidence you have a qualification in level 3 Certificate in Electrolysis
- Please don't buy this course if you cannot provide evidence of the above
- Press the enroll now button
- Press the Take this course button
- Pay the fee and get started
Please note: lost certificates or certificates that need to be amended will incur a fee of £50 payable to VTCT
Books to support your learning
A comprehensive guide for the practical and theoretical elements of blemish removal using high frequency when studying Level 4 & Level 5 advanced electrolysis.
Electrolysis The Business – by Deborah Jones
A complete guide while studying any electrolysis training program, or as a great reference for the already practising electrologist.