Processing And Enrolment Of Students
Under the provision of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR 2018, the Centre is required to notify you of the information which will be held about you, in both computerised and hard copy format, and the purpose for which that information is recorded and to whom it may be disclosed.
As some of this information is deemed to be of a personal nature you are required to give your permission for such data to be collected and held by the Academy. Such permission is deemed to have been given upon receipt of a signed enrolment form.
You should, however, be aware that by withholding your permission for the Academy to collect and process certain information the Academy might not be able to progress your enrolment as a student.
Data Which Is Collected From The Data Subject
Personal Details; which include:
- Name and Address
- Date of Birth
- Details of Next of Kin
- Previous Educational establishment
- Ethnic Origin
- Benefit Information
- Employer Details
- Market Research Information
- Examination results
Purposes For Which Data Is Collected
- To monitor progress
- To process Examination Boards Registration and Examinations entries
- To process grant applications
- To provide statutory enrolment and examination information to the funding agencies for funding purposes
- To provide statutory statistical information to Government bodies and agencies
- To provide personal details to providers of careers services
- To provide information to parents/guardians on academic matters/progress.
For sensitive data, your explicit consent is required before the Academy may divulge such information to a third party.
Sensitive data is defined as follows:
- Political beliefs/membership of party
- Trade Union membership
- Physical/mental health
- Sexual life
- Criminal offences
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
The information you provide will be entered onto the Centre's Database in order for us to follow up and action your enquiry.
DATA CONTROLLER - Deborah Jones, Administrator, September 2018
|Approval/ review bodies||SMT/Corporate Board|
|Frequency of Review*||36 months|
* Policies will be reviewed more frequently if legal changes or good practice require